Who we are
EMTV is Papua New Guinea’s premier television station and has been the country’s window to the world for over two decades. Owned by Telikom PNG through a subsidiary called Media Niugini Limited, the channel is one of the most respected and trusted sources of news and information in the country today.
EMTV commenced broadcasting within the National Capital District of Papua New Guinea in July 1987.
A transmission centre was opened in Lae in April 1988 with Mt Hagen, Goroka, Arawa and Rabaul following in rapid succession. A milestone was reached in June 1989 when EMTV commenced being received live in Lae, Mt Hagen and Goroka.
20 years later EMTV is now received in real time via satellite in 38 centres throughout Papua New Guinea. Based on 2000 Census information the EMTV footprint is approximately 45 per cent of PNG’s total population of approximately 7 million people.
To be THE communications business for Pacific communities.
We will accomplish our vision through the strength of our service and we will:
- Empower our people.
- Provide Pacific communities with compelling content, technologies and related services to meet their infortainment and communication needs.
- Provide advertising customers with cost effective opportunities to interact with their existing and potential customers.
- Develop, grow and maintain a loyal and dedicated customer base.
- Develop, grow and maintain relationships with suppliers, distributors, governments and regulators for mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Provide an acceptable total return to shareholders.
We value, team work, honesty, respect, integrity, creativity and effectiveness.
News, sport, entertainment, education, community messages and commercial adverts production.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Honouring its commitment to the community EMTV provides precious air-time space for the following:
- EMTV Classroom Broadcast-EMTV provides over a 1000 hours annually to the Ministry of Education free of cost. The Ministry of Education schedule supplementary lessons for students from years six to twelve and EMTV air it free of cost.
- Crime Stoppers-Police use this programme as a medium to connect with the masses and appeal to them to report any criminals they may come across.
- Miss PNG Red Cross-over the years EMTV in support of the Red Cross has supported this event starting with ‘LIVE’ coverage of the pageant and then packaged into a one hour highlight in the past five years or so.
- Business Coalition Against HIV Aids (BAHA)-HIV Aids is on a constant rise and has threatened our work force in a big way. BAHA has EMTV’s backing in terms of promoting awareness on air as well as standing united on every 1st of December since the date has been declared Aids Day.
- Westpac Women in Business-Women in business has constantly been on the rise throughout Papua New Guinea and EMTV has only been more than happy to showcase this award winning event by supporting the event in promotional value and a special feature created to air in our news as well as our entertainment and lifestyle program IMT.
- Business Against Corruption Alliance (BACA)-EMTV is part of this united front, showing its support against corruption.
- Soroptimist International-Port Moresby–EMTV has always provide a free to air service for the people. We regard our viewers as our most loyal customers, and when organizations as such band together to provide a worthy cause in aim to improve lives of our people, EMTV prides itself in showing support in which ever shape or form.
- Indian Association-Our international community in Papua New Guinea host annual events where we provide a service in filming their event for their records.
- Malaysian Association-Our international community in Papua New Guinea host annual events where we provide a service in filming their event for their records.
- Port Moresby Cancer Relief Society-Cancer is a growing concern in this day and age, and it now more frequent affects the young. EMTV assists in promoting awareness through our entertainment and lifestyle programs.
- Rotary Against Malaria-EMTV assists in promoting awareness through our entertainment and lifestyle programs.
- World Vision-EMTV assists in promoting awareness through our entertainment and lifestyle programs.
- UNICEF-EMTV assists in promoting awareness through our entertainment and lifestyle programs.
- Papua New Guinea Sports Federation; Olympic Committee through SP Sports Awards & 2015 Pacific Games – Over the years EMTV has captured motion and emotion of our athletes in competition. Witnessing and promoting the SP Sports Awards is rewarding to show off the winners in their respective fields. As the hype begins for the 2015 Pacific Games, EMTV continues to play its part in promoting the competitive sports and its athletes through awareness and profile features on our sporting production show – EMTV Sports Scene.
- Boroko Rotary’s Governor General’s Carols By Candle Light – in celebration of the festive season and sharing some Christmas Cheer, EMTV supports the Boroko Rotary Club in promoting the event as well as televising the event to air for all to see.
- Transparency International-A firm believer in transparency, EMTV involves itself in awareness, and encourages open discussion on it’s current affairs type productions such as Tok Piksa.