Family of Deceased Petition Gulf Provincial Government

By Staycey Yalo, EMTV News

Relatives of the 20-year-old, Peter Miti, from Mul Buiyer district who was killed last week Monday along Mupa, in Gulf province are calling on the Gulf Government for compensation.

The deceased was on his way up to the town of Kerema to purchase betelnut with the skipper of the boat he normally travels with, when it was alleged that he was hacked from behind by the skipper.

Relatives alleged that the skipper wanted to steal money from the deceased when he slashed him on the neck and on his arms before dumping his body into a nearby river, thinking that he had died.

Family Spokesperson, Israel James, said the family has submitted a petition to the Gulf Government this week and they are still waiting for their response.

He said the report on the dailies that Western Highlands people are terrorising the public along the Hiritano highway is not true, as they are mourning and have allowed investigations to take place.

Councillor of the Mul LLG, James Kespa, who had travelled to Port Moresby a day after the incident, said the Western Highlands people have no beef with the people of Gulf and that the body will still remain in Port Moresby until a favourable response is received from the Gulf Government.

Meanwhile, the family has requested for the matter to be referred to the C.I.D Homicide Squad at Boroko Police Station.

Email this to someonePrint this pageShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on TumblrShare on LinkedInPin on Pinterest
EMTV Online

EMTV Online

EMTV Online is the premier destination for Papua New Guinea news on the internet.

Leave a Reply

avatar
wpDiscuz
error: Content is protected !!